AW: Big 7.1 open items

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: AW: Big 7.1 open items
Date: 2000-06-21 09:49:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The current discussion of symlinks is focusing on using directory
> symlinks, not file symlinks, to represent/implement tablespace layout.

If that is the only issue for the symlinks, I think it would be sufficient
put the files in the correct subdirectories. The dba can then decide
whether he wants to mount filsystems directly to the disired location,
or create a symlink. I do not see an advantage in creating a symlink
in the backend, since the dba has to create the filesystems anyway.

fs: data
fs: data/base/...../extent1
link: data/base/...../extent2 -> /data/extent2

Andreas