Re: git: uh-oh

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: git: uh-oh
Date: 2010-08-17 19:29:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 21:16, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Um ... Magnus has not given any report that he's finished running
>> the conversion. What exactly are you looking at?

> That's the previous conversion. The one that we used to verify that
> things looked ok. Seems nobody caught this :S

> The new migration looks similarly weird.

> Does anybody with some more git-fu have any clue how this can be?

I lack git-fu pretty completely, but I do have the CVS logs ;-).
It looks like some of these commits that are being ascribed to the
REL8_3_STABLE branch were actually only committed on HEAD. For
instance my commit in contrib/xml2 on 28 Feb 2010 21:31:57 was
only in HEAD. It was back-patched a few hours later (1 Mar 3:41),
and that's also shown here, but the HEAD commit shouldn't be.

I wonder whether the repository is completely OK and the problem
is that this webpage isn't filtering the commits correctly.