Re: pg_class corrupted ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruno THOMAS <bthomas(at)alea(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_class corrupted ?
Date: 2004-06-18 15:52:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Bruno THOMAS <bthomas(at)alea(dot)fr> writes:
> My problem is that when I tried to make a dump of the copied DB for a
> new backup I've had the following error :
> pg_dump: query to obtain list of tables failed: ERROR: Relation
> pg_class does not have attribute 1

Reindexing pg_class might help. Read the reindex man page carefully,
because reindexing system tables is a tricky procedure before 7.4.

> PS: postresql version is 7.2.1

You like to live dangerously, eh? There are several known serious
bugs in 7.2.1. If you want to stay on the 7.2 series you should
at least update to 7.2.4 (or whatever the last of that series was).