Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Scot L(dot) Harris" <webid(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems?
Date: 2004-06-09 14:20:15
Lists: pgsql-general

"Scot L. Harris" <webid(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com> writes:
> Which indicates to me that the PGDATA2 environment variable that is
> defined in the postgres users .bash_profile is not being picked up by
> the postmaster process.

Depends which startup script you are using. I know that up till
recently the Red Hat init script did

su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "pg_ctl start ..."

and because it forced /bin/sh, anything you might have put in say
~postgres/.bash_profile wouldn't get read. You can just take out
that -s switch though.