Re: Addition of alias types regpublication and regsubscription

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-05-29 15:40:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I felt inclusion of alias types regpublication and regsubscription will
> help the logical replication users.

This doesn't really seem worth the trouble --- how often would you
use these?

If we had a policy of inventing reg* aliases for every kind of catalog
object, that'd be one thing, but we don't. (And the overhead in
inventing new object kinds is already high enough, so I'm not in favor
of creating such a policy.)