Re: Simplify backtrace_functions GUC code

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simplify backtrace_functions GUC code
Date: 2024-03-17 13:07:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Mar-17, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> I think the code can be simplified a bit by using
> SplitIdentifierString like in the attached patch. With this,
> backtrace_function_list variable and assign_backtrace_functions() will
> go away.

Did you read the discussion that led to the current coding? What part
of it is no longer valid, in such a way that you want to make the code
look like an approach that was rejected back then?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/35beac83-bf15-9d79-05c4-2dccd0834993%402ndquadrant.com#4dc9ccec753c0d99369be9d53bf24476

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/