Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work
Date: 2023-06-08 14:21:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-Jun-07, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 5:12 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> > I don't really understand why the patch does s/heaprel/heapRel/.
>
> That has been the style used within nbtree for many years now.

IMO this kind of change definitely does not have place in a post-beta1
restructuring patch. We rarely indulge in case-fixing exercises at any
other time, and I don't see any good argument why post-beta1 is a better
time for it. I suggest that you should strive to keep the patch as
small as possible.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Cómo ponemos nuestros dedos en la arcilla del otro. Eso es la amistad; jugar