Re: MERGE lacks ruleutils.c decompiling support!?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MERGE lacks ruleutils.c decompiling support!?
Date: 2023-05-05 18:43:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-May-05, Tom Lane wrote:

> (I'd guess that decompiling the WHEN clause would take a nontrivial
> amount of new code, so maybe fixing it on such short notice is
> impractical. But ugh.)

Here's a first attempt. I mostly just copied code from the insert and
update support routines. There's a couple of things missing still, but
I'm not sure I'll get to it tonight. I only tested to the extent of
what's in the new regression test.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
<Schwern> It does it in a really, really complicated way

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-add-ruleutils.c-support-for-MERGE.patch text/x-diff 8.7 KB