Re: User functions for building SCRAM secrets

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: User functions for building SCRAM secrets
Date: 2023-02-14 20:17:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2023-01-23 00:58:40 -0500, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Here is another attempt at this patch that takes into account the SCRAM code
> refactor. I addressed some of Daniel's previous feedback, but will need to
> make another pass on the docs and the assert trace as the main focus of this
> revision was bringing the code inline with the recent changes.

This reliably fails on CI:
https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest%2F42%2F3988

I think this is related to encoding issues. The 32bit debian task
intentionally uses LANG=C. Resulting in failures like:
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6696410851049472/testrun/build-32/testrun/regress/regress/regression.diffs

Windows fails with a similar issue:
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5676064060473344/testrun/build/testrun/regress/regress/regression.diffs

I've set the patch as waiting on author for now.

- Andres