Re: Making Vars outer-join aware

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Making Vars outer-join aware
Date: 2023-02-12 23:58:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 03:38:06PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Richard, are you planning to review this any more? I'm getting
> a little antsy to get it committed. For such a large patch,
> it's surprising it's had so few conflicts to date.

The patch broke this query:

select from pg_inherits inner join information_schema.element_types
right join (select from pg_constraint as sample_2) on true
on false, lateral (select scope_catalog, inhdetachpending from pg_publication_namespace limit 3);
ERROR: could not devise a query plan for the given query