Re: START_REPLICATION SLOT causing a crash in an assert build

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com, amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org, jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: START_REPLICATION SLOT causing a crash in an assert build
Date: 2022-10-08 17:40:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-10-08 09:53:50 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > I'm planning to push this either later tonight (if I feel up to it after
> > cooking dinner) or tomorrow morning PST, due to the release wrap deadline.
>
> I looked this over again, tested a bit more, and pushed the adjusted 15 and
> master versions to github to get a CI run. Once that passes, as I expect, I'll
> push them for real.

Those passed and thus pushed.

Thanks for the report, debugging and review everyone!

I think we need at least the following tests for replslots:
- a reset while decoding is ongoing works correctly
- replslot stats continue to be accumulated after stats have been removed

I wonder how much it'd take to teach isolationtester to handle the replication
protocol...