Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12
Date: 2022-09-07 08:35:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Sep-06, John Naylor wrote:

> Note that the indentation hasn't changed. My thought there: perltidy
> will be run again next year, at which time it will be part of a listed
> whitespace-only commit. Any objections, since that could confuse
> someone before then?

I think a good plan is to commit the fix without tidy, then commit the
tidy separately, then add the latter commit to .git-blame-ignore-revs.
That avoids leaving the code untidy for a year.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
Are you not unsure you want to delete Firefox?