Re: Fix japanese translation of log messages

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org
Cc: torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, Shinya11(dot)Kato(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix japanese translation of log messages
Date: 2022-08-30 08:02:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:07:13 +0200, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote in
> On 2022-Aug-26, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>
> > At Fri, 26 Aug 2022 10:25:17 +0200, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote in
> > > Typically the translations are updated from the pgtranslation repository
> > > on Monday of the release week, at around noon European time. You can
> > > keep translating till the previous Sunday if you feel like it :-)
> >
> > Yeah... . .
> >
> > So.. the limit is around 9/5 12:00 CEST(?).. is.. 9/5 19:00 JST?
>
> Well, Sept 8th is the date of 15 beta4. I suppose there'll be at least
> two or three weeks from beta4 to the RC1, and maybe one or two more
> weeks from there to 15.0. You can obviously continue to translate until
> then, if you want these translations to appear in 15.0. And as for
> stable branches, the next one is scheduled for early November, so you
> have until then to fix typos in those.
>
> For any translations that do not appear in 15.0, you have three more
> months until 15.1 ... and so on.
>
> It never ends. Blessing or curse?

Even if it's a curse, it is easily gone by just stopping.. but..

I have refrained from committing too frequently to the repo. (Still it
might a bit too often..) If it is not a problem to commit at most once
per day, things will get a bit easier to me.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center