Re: Proposal to provide the facility to set binary format output for specific OID's per session

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, jack(at)jackchristensen(dot)com
Subject: Re: Proposal to provide the facility to set binary format output for specific OID's per session
Date: 2022-07-25 03:02:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:00:18 -0400, Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> As a proof of concept I provide the attached patch which implements the
> ability to specify which oids will be returned in binary format per
> session.
> Both the JDBC driver and the go driver can exploit this change with no
> changes. I haven't confirmed if other drivers would work without changes.

I'm not sure about the needs of that, but binary exchange format is
not the one that can be turned on ignoring the peer's capability. If
JDBC driver wants some types be sent in binary format, it seems to be
able to be specified in bind message.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi