Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Shinya11(dot)Kato(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, przemyslaw(at)sztoch(dot)pl, david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, daniel(at)yesql(dot)se, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser
Date: 2022-05-25 02:07:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Tue, 24 May 2022 10:09:10 -0700, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> We're still missing some "fancier" string patterns in the tests, but we
> might just be nitpicking at this point.

Such "fancier" strings should be properly handled by FmtId() and
appendStringLiteralConn. If this is a privilege escalating command,
we should have ones but this is not.

> I noticed that the cfbot tests for this are failing for Windows. I've
> looked at the relevant logs a bit, and I'm not sure what is going on. The
> expected log messages are indeed missing, but I haven't found any clues for
> why those test cases are skipped.

createuser command complains like this.

> # Running: createuser regress_user4 -a regress_user1 -a regress_user2
> createuser: error: too many command-line arguments (first is "-a")
> hint: Try "createuser --help" for more information.

It seems like '-a' is not recognised as an option parameter.

(Fortunately, the ActiveState installer looks like having been fixed,
but something's still wrong..)

I reproduced the same failure at my hand and identified the
cause. Windows' version of getopt_long seems to dislike that
non-optional parameters precedes options.

> createuser <user name to create> <options>

The test succeeded if I moved the <user name to create> to the end of
command line.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi