Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.
Date: 2022-03-26 03:13:53
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 02:27:07PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2022-03-25 13:52:11 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 12:36 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> > > Create a CF entry for it, or enable CI on a github repo?
> >
> > I created a CF entry for it. Then I had to try to Google around to
> > find the URL from the cfbot, because it's not even linked from
> > commitfest.postgresql.org for some reason. #blamemagnus

I see it here (and in cfbot), although I'm not sure how you created a new
patch for the active CF, and not for the next CF.
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/

> > I don't think that the Windows CI is running the TAP tests for
> > contrib. At least, I can't find any indication of it in the output. So
> > it doesn't really help to assess how portable this test is, unless I'm
> > missing something.
>
> Yea. It's really unfortunate how vcregress.pl makes it hard to run all
> tests. And we're kind of stuck finding a way forward. It's easy enough to work
> around for individual tests by just adding them to the test file (like Thomas
> did nearby), but clearly that doesn't scale. Andrew wasn't happy with
> additional vcregress commands. The fact that vcregress doesn't run tests in
> parallel makes things take forever. And so it goes on.

I have a patch to add alltaptests target to vcregress. But I don't recall
hearing any objection to new targets until now.

https://github.com/justinpryzby/postgres/runs/5174877506