Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03
Date: 2022-02-27 08:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 06:37:21PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Can I suggest to update the CF APP to allow:
> | Target version: 16
>
> I also suggest to update patches to indicate which are (not) being considered
> for v15.

I don't really understand what that field is supposed to mean. But now that
we're in the final pg15 commit fest, wouldn't it be simpler to actually move
the patches for which there's a agreement that they can't make it to pg15?
Tagging them and letting them rot for a month isn't helpful for the authors or
the CFMs, especially when there are already 250 patches that needs to be
handled.

There's already an on-going a discussion for the PGTT patchset, maybe it should
also happen for some of the thread you mentioned.