Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
Date: 2022-02-26 06:50:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 03:36:19PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 02:27:15PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
>
> > Note that in order to do so we would need to expose quite a lot more about hba
> > internals, like tokenize_file() and parse_hba_line(), along with structs
> > HbaToken and TokenizedLine.
>
> I'd be rather fine with exposing all that in the shape of a clean
> split, renaming some of those structures and/or function with an
> Hba-like prefix, for consistency.

Of course. I was thinking using "auth" for something that's common to pg_hba
and pg_ident (like e.g. TokenizeAuthFile()), and otherwise keep the current
hba/ident prefix.

Unless someone object or suggest better naming in the next few days I will take
care of that.

I would also welcome some opinion on the points I mentioned about 0002.