Re: pg_upgrade should truncate/remove its logs before running

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade should truncate/remove its logs before running
Date: 2022-02-06 06:03:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 01:36:07PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

> The buildfarm client v14 has been
> released on the 29th of January, which means that we are good to go.

I didn't follow that thread closely, but if having the latest buildfarm client
version installed is a hard requirement this will likely be a problem. First,
there was no email to warn buildfarm owners that a new version is available,
and even if there was I doubt that every owner would have updated it since.
Especially since this is the lunar new year period, so at least 2 buildfarm
owners (me included) are on holidays since last week.