Re: TAP test to cover "EndOfLogTLI != replayTLI" case

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TAP test to cover "EndOfLogTLI != replayTLI" case
Date: 2022-01-17 13:33:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 05:07:48PM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:

> I am not sure what really went wrong but I think the 'standby_9'
> server shutdown too early before it gets a chance to archive a
> required WAL file. The attached patch tries to shutdown that server
> after the required WAL are archived, unfortunately, I couldn't test
> that on the window, let see how cfbot reacts to this version.

Thanks for the updated patch! Note that thanks to Andres and Thomas work, you
can now easily rely on the exact same CI than the cfbot on your own github
repository, if you need to debug something on a platform you don't have access
to. You can check the documentation at [1] for more detail on how to setup the
CI.

[1] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/tools/ci/README