Re: Adding CI to our tree

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Adding CI to our tree
Date: 2022-01-14 23:34:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-01-13 15:27:40 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I can probably adjust to whatever we decide to do. But I think we're
> really just tinkering at the edges here. What I think we really need is
> the moral equivalent of `make check-world` in one invocation of
> vcregress.pl.

I agree strongly that we need that. But I think a good chunk of Justin's
changes are actually required to get there?

Specifically, unless we want lots of duplicated logic in vcregress.pl, we
need to make vcregress know how to run NO_INSTALLCHECK test. The option added
was just so the buildfarm doesn't start to run tests multiple times...

Greetings,

Andres Freund