Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date: 2021-10-20 00:31:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2021-10-19 17:57:31 -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> I know this is still in the evaluation stage, but I did notice some
> discrepencies in the Flex flags. With the attached patch, the read-only
> data segment seems to match up pretty well now.

Good catch. I think I just copied them around...

I wish we had a bit more consistency in the flags, so we could centralize
them. Seems there's no reason to not use -p -p and -b everywhere?

I also need to make meson use our flex wrapper for the relevant versions... I
can see the warning that'd be fixed by it on macos CI. Will do that and push
it out to my github repo together with your changes.

Thanks!

Andres