Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?
Date: 2021-05-11 19:53:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-May-11, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Yeah, but this will create the perl file in the vpath directory where it
> won't ever be used anyway. You really want this back in the source
> directory where you can check it in etc.

Hmm ... no, it doesn't. As far as I can see it works as intended. The
path to the prolog file is broken, yes, but that's it. However, maybe
I'm doing something wrong but if you define the rule like that, then it
no longer works in normal (non-vpath) mode. This works:

--
Álvaro Herrera 39°49'30"S 73°17'W

Attachment Content-Type Size
gen_dummy_probes.patch text/x-diff 2.0 KB