Re: Huge memory consumption on partitioned table with FKs

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: keisuke(dot)kuroda(dot)3862(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, tatsuro(dot)yamada(dot)tf(at)nttcom(dot)co(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, tatsuhito(dot)kasahara(dot)rd(at)hco(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp
Subject: Re: Huge memory consumption on partitioned table with FKs
Date: 2020-12-04 05:48:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 4 Dec 2020 12:00:09 +0900, Keisuke Kuroda <keisuke(dot)kuroda(dot)3862(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> Hi Amit,
>
> > I have attached a patch in which I've tried to merge the ideas from
> > both my patch and Kuroda-san's. I liked that his patch added
> > conparentid to RI_ConstraintInfo because that saves a needless
> > syscache lookup for constraints that don't have a parent. I've kept
> > my idea to compute the root constraint id only once in
> > ri_LoadConstraint(), not on every invocation of ri_BuildQueryKey().
> > Kuroda-san, anything you'd like to add to that?
>
> Thank you for the merge! It looks good to me.
> I think a fix for InvalidateConstraintCacheCallBack() is also good.
>
> I also confirmed that the patch passed the make check-world.

It's fine that constraint_rood_id overrides constraint_id, but how
about that constraint_root_id stores constraint_id if it is not a
partition? That change makes the patch a bit simpler.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center