Re: Suggestion: description / summary metadata for emails in mailing list archive

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2020-10-20 16:54:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On 2020-10-20 09:06:14 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Has somebody considered adding the twitter / opengraph summary stuff to
> the mailing list archive?
>
> E.g. for https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/97df3af9-8b5e-fb7f-a029-3eb7e80d7af9%402ndquadrant.com
> adding something along the lines of
>
> og:url https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/97df3af9-8b5e-fb7f-a029-3eb7e80d7af9%402ndquadrant.com
> og:title Subject: select_common_typmod
> og:site_name PostgreSQL mailing list archive
> twitter:card summary
> og:description First few words of email?
> og:type article
> og:article:author Peter Eisentraut
> og:article:published_time Tue, 20 Oct 2020 10:58:18 +0200
> og:image https://www.postgresql.org/favicon.ico :)
>
> would make mailing list references be a bit more attractive to use in
> slack, teams, twitter and whatnot.

As an example I added the attributes to my email above, and copied the
mailing list archive page. Didn't bother to adjust relative css/js
references, so it'll look bad in a browser, obviously.

modified: https://anarazel.de/t/2020-10-20/email-03.html
original: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20201020160614.55b3dyupkojsdu5h%40alap3.anarazel.de

Greetings,

Andres Freund