Re: default partition and concurrent attach partition

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, hawu(at)vmware(dot)com
Subject: Re: default partition and concurrent attach partition
Date: 2020-09-03 21:28:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Also, I should have pointed out that ExecInsert doesn't actually check
the partitin constraint except in very specific cases; what it does is
expect that the partition routing code got it right. So the comment
you're adding about that is wrong, and it did misled me into changing
your code in a way that actually caused a bug -- hence my proposed
rewording.