Re: Suggestion to Monitoring Tool

From: Stéphane KANSCHINE <stephane(at)hexack(dot)fr>
To: postgann2020 s <postgann2020(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suggestion to Monitoring Tool
Date: 2020-05-28 09:11:11
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi !

Le mer. 27 mai, vers 22:15, postgann2020 s exprimait :

> Thanks for your support.
>
> Environment Details:
> OS: RHEL 7.2
> Postgres: 9.5.15
> Master-Slave with Streaming replication
>
> We are planning to implement the monitoring tool for our environment.
>
> Could someone please suggest the Monitoring Tool based on your experience.

Last year, i setup prometheus with :
- postgres exporter for generic metrics
- some custom queries via postgres exporter to compute replication lag
and few other things
- script exporter to explore logs and other things
- node exporter for disk filling.
- alertmanager to send slack notifications
- grafana dashboards for a nice view
- kibana / sentry manage logs and used as datasource for prometheus.

Regards,
--
Stéphane KANSCHINE - https://www.hexack.fr./ - https://www.nuajik.io./
@ stephane(at)hexack(dot)fr