Re: Problem with logical replication

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Euler Taveira <euler(dot)taveira(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with logical replication
Date: 2020-05-15 05:47:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 09:45:45PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
>> In any case, it seems to me that the comment of
>> build_replindex_scan_key needs to be updated.
>>
>> * This is not generic routine, it expects the idxrel to be replication
>> * identity of a rel and meet all limitations associated with that.
>
> It is implicit that a primary key can be a replica identity so I think this
> comment is fine.

Agreed. I don't think either that we need to update this comment. I
was playing with this patch and what you have here looks fine by me.
Two nits: the extra parenthesis in the assert are not necessary, and
the indentation had some diffs. Tom has just reindented the whole
tree, so let's keep things clean.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
logirep-assert-v3.patch text/x-diff 3.2 KB