Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files
Date: 2020-05-05 14:06:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 03:42:20PM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> +1, seems like the way to go to me.

Attached is a patch for that and I have gone with a simple solution,
with some bonus comments about the way things happen. Here are the
patterns I tested for build.pl and the commands it generates, making
sure that we have the same commands with HEAD and the patch:
1) perl build.pl
msbuild pgsql.sln /verbosity:normal /p:Configuration=Release
2) perl build.pl debug
msbuild pgsql.sln /verbosity:normal /p:Configuration=Debug
3) perl build.pl release
msbuild pgsql.sln /verbosity:normal /p:Configuration=Release
4) perl build.pl foo
msbuild foo.vcxproj /verbosity:normal /p:Configuration=Release
5) perl build.pl debug foo
msbuild foo.vcxproj /verbosity:normal /p:Configuration=Debug
6) perl build.pl release foo
msbuild foo.vcxproj /verbosity:normal /p:Configuration=Release

The two warnings show up only in the first case, of course.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc-build-init-v1.patch text/x-diff 1.7 KB