Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files
Date: 2020-05-05 06:45:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 12:48:17PM +0300, Victor Wagner wrote:
> Maybe. But probably original author of this code was afraid of using
> too long chain of ->{} in the string substitution.
>
> So, I left this style n place.
>
> Nonetheless, using qq wouldn't save us from doubling backslashes.

Looking at this part in more details, I find the attached much more
readable. I have been able to test it on my own Windows environment
and the problem gets fixed (I have reproduced the original problem as
well).
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
python_space_dir-v2.patch text/x-diff 619 bytes