Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-03

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-03
Date: 2020-02-26 19:34:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:45:16AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> writes:
>> On 2/26/20 3:15 AM, Michael Banck wrote:
>>> This is the last one for v13 I think? So probably somebody quite
>>> experienced should handle this one. Or (if there is one already for
>>> v13?) maybe even the Release Team themselves?
>
>> I'm not sure it would be a good use of resources to have the release
>> team performing CFM duties directly. They will have enough on their
>> plate and in any case I don't think the team has been announced yet.
>
>The Release Team hasn't been picked yet. In past years I think
>we've chosen them at the PGCon dev meeting. So really, there's no
>overlap --- the CF will be done before we need the RT.

Nope, the RMT for PG12 was announced on 2019/03/30 [1], i.e. shortly
before the end of the last CF (and before pgcon). I think there was some
discussion about the members at/after the FOSDEM dev meeting. The
overlap with CFM duties is still fairly minimal, and there's not much
for RMT to do before the end of the last CF anyway ...

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190330094043.GA28827@paquier.xyz

Maybe we shouldn't wait with assembling RMT until pgcon, though.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com