Re: pgsql: Superuser can permit passwordless connections on postgres_fdw

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Superuser can permit passwordless connections on postgres_fdw
Date: 2019-12-21 02:18:06
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 02:42:22PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Concretely, I think we ought to do (and back-patch) the attached.

Thanks for the fix, I have not been able to look at that.

> I notice in testing this that the "nosuper" business added by
> 6136e94dc is broken in more ways than what the buildfarm is
> complaining about: it leaves the role around at the end of the
> test. That's a HUGE violation of project policy, for security
> reasons as well as the fact that it makes it impossible to run
> "make installcheck" twice without getting different results.

Roles left behind at the end of a test are annoying. Here is an idea:
make pg_regress check if any roles prefixed by "regress_" are left
behind at the end of a test. This will not work until test_pg_dump is
cleaned up, just a thought.
--
Michael