Re: Cleanup isolation specs from unused steps

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleanup isolation specs from unused steps
Date: 2019-08-20 02:00:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:23:19AM -0700, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> Could you do the check that all steps have been used in dry_run mode
> instead of when running the tests for real?

Sure, I was hesitating to do so. I have no issue in moving the check
into run_testspec(). So done as attached.

It is rather a pain to pass down custom options to isolationtester.
For example, I have tested the updated version attached after
hijacking -n into isolation_start_test(). Ugly hack, but for testing
that's enough. Do you make use of this tool in a particular way in
greenplum? Just wondering.

(Could it make sense to have long options for isolationtester by the
way?)
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
isolation-steps-unused-v2.patch text/x-diff 7.0 KB