Re: pgsql: doc: Add some images

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
Subject: Re: pgsql: doc: Add some images
Date: 2019-08-16 20:00:48
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 2019-Mar-27, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> doc: Add some images
>
> Add infrastructure for having images in the documentation, in SVG
> format. Add two images to start with. See the included README file
> for instructions.

> Author: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
> Author: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>

Now when I test Jürgen's new proposed image genetic-algorithm I find
that this stuff doesn't work in VPATH builds, at least for PDF -- I
don't get a build failure, but instead I get just a section title that
doesn't precede any actual image. (There's a very small warning hidden
in the tons of other fop output). If I edit the .fo file by hand to
make the path to .svg absolute, the image appears correctly.

I don't see any way in the fop docs to specify the base path for images.

I'm not sure what's a good way to fix this problem in a general way.
Would some new rule in the xslt would work?