Re: pgsql: Drop test user when done with it.

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Drop test user when done with it.
Date: 2019-06-26 19:07:33
Lists: pgsql-committers

Greetings,

* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) wrote:
> On 2019-Jun-26, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
> > Isn’t this the one run from pg_upgrade’s tests? We don’t want to break that
> > (and hopefully we haven’t but maybe something did...). Pretty sure we had
> > nearly the same discussion this past fall...
>
> https://postgr.es/m/20180904203012.GG20696@paquier.xyz ?

Yes, thanks, and specifically this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181130163728.GE3415%40tamriel.snowman.net

Adding 'DROP IF EXISTS' to the top to have things cleaned up so that the
run can be repeated is fine. Removing things at the end of the test
script would defeat the entire purpose of those tests.

Thanks!

Stephen