Re: VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value
Date: 2019-05-17 01:34:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 03:29:36PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I'm not sure how much value it really has to define
> opt_boolean_or_string_or_numeric. It saves 1 line of code in each of
> 3 places, but costs 6 lines of code to have it.
>
> Perhaps we could try to unify at a higher level. Like can we merge
> vac_analyze_option_list with explain_option_list?

var_value has also similar semantics, and it uses makeAConst(). At
this point of the game, I'd like to think that it would be just better
to leave all the refactoring behind us on HEAD, to apply the first
patch presented on this thread, and to work more on that for v13 once
it opens for business if there is a patch to discuss about.
--
Michael