Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Asim R P <apraveen(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2019-03-09 03:18:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2019-03-09 11:03:21 +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> Here I attached the rebased patches that I shared earlier. I am adding the
> comments to explain the API's in the code, will share those patches later.

I've started to add those for the callbacks in the first commit. I'd
appreciate a look!

I think I'll include the docs patches, sans the callback documentation,
in the next version. I'll probably merge them into one commit, if that's
OK with you?

> I observed a crash with the latest patch series in the COPY command.

Hm, which version was this? I'd at some point accidentally posted a
'tmp' commit that was just a performance hack.

Btw, your patches always are attached out of order:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJrrPGd%2Brkz54wE-oXRojg4XwC3bcF6bjjRziD%2BXhFup9Q3n2w%40mail.gmail.com
10, 1, 3, 4, 2 ...

Greetings,

Andres Freund