Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date: 2019-03-07 15:08:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-Feb-11, Chapman Flack wrote:

> Interpreting the crickets as approval, I have changed the title of the
> CF entry, and the status back to Needs Review, with these patches
> attached:

I just pushed this one to pg12 only:

> xmltable-xmlexists-passing-mechanisms-3.patch

I removed the words "first appears in SQL:2006" from the new doc
paragraph; we used to have similar phrases scattered here and there but
were removed years ago, on the grounds that only the most recent version
is relevant (I couldn't find the commit, though). Mostly left your
patch alone otherwise, other than adding some additional mark-up to the
doc changes.

Thanks!