Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, magnus(at)hagander(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Date: 2019-03-07 02:15:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello.

At Tue, 5 Mar 2019 16:45:53 +1100, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in <CAJrrPGdO0pXW55EDW6NAz=-F=bNtEdJpjQJDKert0A3-zUmdew(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> > I don't have an idea about which is better behavior, but does
> > this work for you?
> >

> > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps
> >

> No, this option is not generating local dumps for postgresql, but this
> option is useful to
> generate dumps for the applications that don't have a specific WER
> reporting.

Mmm. Right. It just turn on WER for specific progarms. It
donesn't override SetErrorMode().. Sorry for the noise.

> Adding some doc changes for the users to refer what can be the issue
> windows if the
> PostgreSQL server doesn't start and there is no core file available.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center