Re: Patch to document base64 encoding

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to document base64 encoding
Date: 2019-03-06 02:27:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 07:55:22PM -0600, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Attached: doc_base64_v4.patch

Details about the "escape" mode are already available within the
description of function "encode". Wouldn't we want to consolidate a
description for all the modes at the same place, including some words
for hex? Your patch only includes the description of base64, which is
a good addition, still not consistent with the rest. A paragraph
after all the functions listed is fine I think as the description is
long so it would bloat the table if included directly.
--
Michael