Re: Patch for SortSupport implementation on inet/cdir

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Edmund Horner <ejrh00(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Brandur Leach <brandur(at)mutelight(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for SortSupport implementation on inet/cdir
Date: 2019-02-16 02:13:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Brandur,

On 2019-02-09 20:12:53 +1300, Edmund Horner wrote:
> I had a look at this. Your V2 patch applies cleanly, and the code was
> straightforward and well commented. I appreciate the big comment at the
> top of network_abbrev_convert explaining how you encode the data.

I've marked the CF entry as waiting-on-author, due to this review.

Brandur, unfortunately this patch has only been submitted to the last
commitfest for v12. Our policy is that all nontrivial patches should be
submitted to at least one earlier commitfest. Therefore I unfortunately
think that v12 is not a realistic target, sorry :(

Greetings,

Andres Freund