Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net, dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Date: 2019-01-11 01:08:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

>> I'm quite on board with the need to reduce useless cross-posting,
>> but this is not the solution.
>
> Agreed. Similarly, posts from pgadmin-support sometimes end up
> intentionally being cross posted to pgadmin-hackers.

Another use case is, pgsql-docs and pgsql-hackers. For non trivial
documentation changes I would like to register a doc patch to CF, but
CF app does not pick up any messages other than posted in
pgsql-hackers. So to discuss with pgsql-doc subscribers, while dealing
with CF app, I would like cross postings for pgsql-hackers and
pgsql-docs.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii