Re: A WalSnd issue related to state WALSNDSTATE_STOPPING

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Paul Guo <pguo(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A WalSnd issue related to state WALSNDSTATE_STOPPING
Date: 2018-11-26 13:02:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 06:31:04PM +0800, Paul Guo wrote:
> Yes, please see the attached patch.

Thanks, I have reviewed your patch, and could not resist to change
SyncRepReleaseWaiters() on top of the rest with a comment to not be
confused about the WAL sender states allowed to release waiters.

The previous experience is proving that it seems unwise to rely on the
order of the elements in WalSndState, so I have tweaked things so as the
state is listed for all the code paths involved.

Paul, what do you think?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
syncrep-stopping-sender-v2.patch text/x-diff 1.5 KB