Re: Handling of REGRESS_OPTS in MSVC for regression tests

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Handling of REGRESS_OPTS in MSVC for regression tests
Date: 2018-11-26 06:48:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 02:43:02PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Another option could also be to switch contribcheck and modulescheck
> so as they use a temporary installation, but that's a can of worms
> waiting to explode as MSVC makes more complicated the search for
> initdb and such (see the way upgradecheck happens for example), and
> this makes the tests waaay longer to run.

This has been itching me, and actually it proves to not be that
complicated to achieve per the attached. This makes all the tests from
contrib/ and src/test/modules pass with temporary installations, the
tests runs are much slower though. This would not blow up the buildfarm
visibly, buts its code assumes that installcheck should be used, so we
could as well just introduce new options for vcregress.pl. I am not
sure what would be the best way, still using temporary installations has
the merit to not cause any tests to run unconfigured in the future.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-msvc-regress-opts-v2.patch text/x-diff 2.6 KB