Re: Add extension options to control TAP and isolation tests

From: Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan(at)nataraj(dot)su>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Adam Berlin <berlin(dot)ab(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add extension options to control TAP and isolation tests
Date: 2018-11-26 07:50:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

В письме от 26 ноября 2018 08:53:20 Вы написали:

> > I've carefully read this documentation. And did not get clear explanation
> > of what is the true purpose of PGXS environment variable. Only
> >
> > "The last three lines should always be the same. Earlier in the file, you
> > assign variables or add custom make rules."
>
> The definition of PGXS is here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/extend-pgxs.html
Can you please provide the quotation? I see there PGXS mentioned several times
as "a build infrastructure for extensions" and as an environment variable it
is mentioned only in code sample

PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)
include $(PGXS)

So for me there is no explanation. Or it is hard to find (that is also bad)

If we are done with your patch, can we still finish this line of discussion in
order to create another small patch concerning PGXS-env-var comment?