Re: Multiple Wait Events for extensions

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple Wait Events for extensions
Date: 2018-10-22 22:47:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:28:14AM -0700, legrand legrand wrote:
> Could this be changed to offer an extension the ability to log multiple
> events and many extensions to work together?

I recall that this issue has been discussed when adding new wait events,
and we discarded it for simplicity as that's not trivial. A new
facility could be implemented to add custom wait events. This exists
for light-weight locks for example. I am not sure in which shape this
could actually happen though ;)
--
Michael