Re: IDE setup and development features?

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Mori Bellamy <mori(at)invoked(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IDE setup and development features?
Date: 2018-10-09 22:21:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 02:39:42PM -0700, Mori Bellamy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like a few features when developing postgres -- (1) jump to definition
> of symbol (2) find references to symbol and (3) semantic autocompletion.
>
> Was wondering if anyone has had luck getting these three set up for any IDE
> or editor configuration? Personally, I can confirm vim + ctags seems to
> work for (1).

vim + ctags + cscope gets me to (2)

Ctags:

https://twitter.com/davidfetter/status/1013192487341441024

Cscope:

https://github.com/chazy/cscope_maps/blob/master/plugin/cscope_maps.vim

Semantic Autocompletion: I've heard good things about YCM, but I haven't tried it out yet.

http://valloric.github.io/YouCompleteMe/

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778