Re: pg_upgrade failed with ERROR: null relpartbound for relation 18159 error.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade failed with ERROR: null relpartbound for relation 18159 error.
Date: 2018-10-07 07:59:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 10:15:32PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Pushed to 11 and master. I'm not convinced that it's a good idea to
> mess with 10 at this point -- the partitioning code is rather completely
> different already ...

While I definitely agree with you to not mess up with this portion of
the partitioning code for REL_10_STABLE, I think that we have a good set
of arguments to get the regression test into this branch. This
particular case has been broken while developing v11, hence it would be
nice to get the insurance that any future bug fix applying to
REL_10_STABLE does not break it again.
--
Michael