Re: increasing HA

From: "Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais" <ioguix(at)free(dot)fr>
To: Thomas Poty <thomas(dot)poty(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: increasing HA
Date: 2018-09-05 13:44:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 15:06:21 +0200
Thomas Poty <thomas(dot)poty(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > In fact, PAF does not support slots. So it is not a good candidate if
> > slot are a requirement.
> Effectively slots are a requirement we prefer to keep

OK, so either patch PAF yourself (not recommended) or choose something
else. Note that two other ways are working with Pacemaker:
* the pgsql resource agent (see FAQ of PAF)
* a shared disk architecture (no pgsql replication)

> > > a proxy HAproxy and
> > > for fencincg, i am a bit disappointed, i don't know what to do/use
> > Depend on your hardware or your virtualization technology.
> Our production cluster (master and slave) runs on LXC container. Each LXC
> container runs on a HPE Blade Server. The storage is on a SAN 3PAR array.
> Any advice ?

I suppose you could find fencing agents for:

* the blade itself, but it would fence all the container running on it
* the access to the SAN from the failing container

I don't know if fencing agent exists for a container itself. Note that I'm not
familiar with the container world, I lack a lot of knowledge on this
technology.

++