Re: logical decoding: ABI break in 10.5 et al

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logical decoding: ABI break in 10.5 et al
Date: 2018-08-28 16:38:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Re: Alvaro Herrera 2018-08-28 <20180828153806(dot)fgfnul2imeltzmib(at)alvherre(dot)pgsql>
> In order to forestall this from happening again, I'm proposing a new
> community service that will let us know of ABI incompatibilities
> introduced by commits, hopefully before they become full-fledged minor
> releases, so that we can apply fixes. Initially, I'll just use the
> tools abidumper and abi-compliance-checker from https://abi-laboratory.pro/
> and set up a website that displays relevant reports for each branch.
> I'm not yet sure about sending email alerts for failures; I'll
> experiment a bit first.

Fwiw, there's already a setup, but it's restricted to the shared
libraries, and of course only for released versions:

https://abi-laboratory.pro/index.php?view=objects_report&l=postgresql&v1=10.4&v2=10.5

A big +1 on setting up an instance.

Christoph